CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Health Epiphany!

I believe this has been a long time coming, at least for the last few months! But this weekend (after reading this months SELF!) it all finally clicked; the whole happy weight thing. Lately I've been worried that when I have kids, I'll try to count their calories & start a bad cycle with them! That actually freaked me out quite a bit! I can't really think of a way to describe my realization! I'll try to make a list of my new healthy strategies! Maybe that'll help....

  • I've said this before, but try to leave a few bites on your plate! Even if the food isn't very healthy, every little bit counts!
  • MOVE! Working out is important, but I've learned from experience that working out too much can make you eat more. Totally counter intuitive! Cutting back on the feel the burn, make you sweat kinda workouts can help, its important to work movement into your life. Walk to work, to the store, start taking nightly walks or bike rides with friends and family! ALWAYS take the stairs. You get the idea.
  • Work fruits and veggies in as much as possible, ideally at every meal.
  • When eating out try to take off part of the bun to your sandwhich/burger, or pick mayo OR cheese, go diet or better yet good old h20! Try making easy changes to your favorite fast food orders, eat slowly & enjoy!
  • I've also talked about eating slowly, I found it really hard to do until I read an article in the new SELF about mindfulness! That did the trick for me so check it out!

That's what I'm working with now, hopefully combining all that will help me find my happy weight! No more counting calories or anything crazy diet wise. Actually I'm banning the word diet! The word itself makes me cringe now. If you have any tips & tricks PLEASE let me know! I really want to hear from readers!!!!

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." -Helen Keller


Good luck guys,

Ash

0 comments: